Spirit Of '73 - Rock For Choice (Compilation)
Click on song title links for the lyrics to that song.
- If I Can't Have You (Eve's Plumb)
- More, More More (pt 1) (Babes In Toyland)
- We Are Family (Ebony Vibe Everlasting)
- Dreams (Letters To Cleo)
- Dancing Barefoot (Johnette Napolitano)
- Cherry Bomb
(Joan Jett and L7)
- Midnight At The Oasis (That Dog)
- Have You Ever Been Mello (Pet)
- River (Roseanne Cash)
- Feel Like Makin' Love (Melissa Ferrick)
- Killing Me Softly With His Song (Cassandra Wilson)
- Blue (Sarah McLachlan)
- It Won't Take Long (Indigo Girls)
- The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down (Sophie B. Hawkins)
Spirit Of '73: Rock For Choice is a celebration of women's independence and creative spirit. It features female singers of the 90s covering songs made famous by female singers of the '70s. The range of contributing artists runs from superstars to current buzz bands to brand new bands. Songs run the musical gamut from Alternative to Pop to AAA to Urban. Each song was chosen by the artist either because it was a personal favorite from the period or because the song in some way expressed the artist's passion for this cause. The result is a fun, fresh, and powerful compilation that is sure to appeal to a wide variety of listeners of all kinds of music.
Spirit Of '73: Rock For Choice is the first ever recording made to benefit the Rock For Choice organization. Rock For Choice was founded in 1991 by the rock group L7 and The Feminist Majority as a way to mobilize the music community to raise money to protect abortion rights and educate young adults about standing up for their reproductive freedom. 1973 was the year that the Supreme Court passed legislation legalizing abortion in an historic case called Roe v. Wade. It is only appropriate that this wild and diverse compilation be titled The Spirit Of '73.
|No shows scheduled this week.|
Click on the LIVE DATES link for upcoming shows
Item Of The Month: